Long delay, Pennsic, and a Trip

Well, it's been far too long, again, since my last post.  Quite a bit has happened, though, and I can even remember some of it to tell you about!

Pennsic XXXIX was the biggest occurrence.  The weather cooperated, and a good time was had.  I did a lot of learning at Pennsic University; one or two things I can even bring "home" and use elsewhere.  There were only three real brewing/beer occurrences of great interest to me:  Firstly, Atlantia has a Brewing Laurel again!  Woohoo!  I need to sit down with him & "talk shop" at some point.  Secondly, I tried a phenomenal mead, called Moniack.  It's from Scotland, and near impossible to get here in the States, but worth the effort.  I've done a bit of digging, and I may be able to come up with something myself along the same lines, tastewise--but that's for a later post.  Lastly, my beer flew!  Well, not literally...  I brought 6 kegs, or 30 gallons; 4 of the kegs were emptied by the Thursday of War Week, and the last two I tapped at Atlantian Court.  They lasted about an hour, total, bringing my "record time to float a keg" down significantly.

In upcoming news, I'll be heading back down to Trimaris this week (Pensacola, FL, mundanely), and I anticipate spending a bit of time in Hopjack's.  I'll try to get over to McGuire's, as well, but I make no promises.  I'll try to post during the trip, especially if I find something tasty!

Labels: , ,