A brief lull in activity...

So, I'm going to be gone for about a month, maybe longer, in the service of Uncle Sam. I'm hoping that upon my return I'll have a few beer reviews and some good stories to tell, but in the meantime, it's going to be quiet.

There was a Brewing Day this past Sunday, and three batches were made, all told: I did an IPA, and friends made a Braggot and an Alt. So far, things seem to be going quite well. I had available on tap my Pils from a while back; it developed into the most phenomenally clear, straw-yellow, perfectly-headed beer I've had in quite some time. I was pleased. Of course, that keg is just about to blow foam--it was pouring perfectly, then (all of a sudden) it went 'muddy' on me from dropped-out yeast. I tapped the American IPA I brew back in August, after filtering it about 2 weeks ago; I may have to run it down to a finer filter (I used a 5-micron) to get *real* clarity. Still, that's what this is about--experimentation.

That's the updates for now; check back again after Thanksgiving!

Labels: , ,