Welcome to the Blog...

Okay, this is the first post in a new blog. It's always difficult to get something like this started; hopefully, I'll be able to keep it rolling for a while.

I'm Misha, and I'm a brewer. Not a large-scale, macro-swill, multi-billion-dollar brewer; I'm a homebrewer. I make about 5 gallons at a time, and I brew what I feel like drinking. So far, I've been pretty successful... At least, most of my friends seem to think so. Most of this blog will deal with my brewing.

I also participate in something called the Society for Creative Anachronism, or SCA, a group of history buffs who get together and "play medieval" from time to time. In particular, within the Society framework, I'm a Russian merchant from Novgorod, circa 1550. Parts of my blog will deal with the SCA.

Don't worry, you won't need a scorecard to keep up with this (I hope). As this progresses, it'll start to make more sense.

I hope you stick around for the ride!

Labels: