My birthday haul...

Yes, today is my birthday. Woohoo! 37 grand years. Anyway, I thought I'd show off a bit of the 'goodies' I've picked up today...

This would be from my mother-in-law... A bench-top bottle-capper, two (!) siphon starters, an assortment of in-line valves, some hose clamps, a hose cutter, and a 'sure-screen'. It's all got its use, but some of it will admittedly be staying in the plastic for now...

I also swung an Igloo Ice Cube cooler (70 qt) to replace my 10-gallon Gott-style cooler for the mash tun, and made some new liquid pick-ups based on this month's Brew Your Own! magazine. The latter were a necessity--the HLT didn't have any sort of pick-up at all, so I was losing about a half gallon of hot water per pot; the mash-tun was marginally better, but its pick-up was in the center of the pot (which sucks when a whirlpool is your primary 'filtration'). Moving the pick-up to the edge of the pot will help immensely, I think.

Then there was the sack of Golden Promise malt--but I was going to get that, anyway. :)

Labels: ,